Tuesday, 3 February 2015

Proposal Story

Hi Everyone,

Just starting up our blog.

While Christine writes up her full version of the 'proposal story' (apparently lots of people are asking for it) here is my short version. Men, feel free to skip this one and come back for more interesting posts in the future.

Christine and I went out for dinner, at a little local Italian place we'd been meaning to try out. After that I had a plausible reason to go for a walk (well, plausible enough). The eventual destination was a meaningful place of ours. We got to talking about our relationship. I mentioned a few thoughts I'd been having recently - which related to song lyrics (that's Christine's second language) and rounded out these thoughts with a proposal.
Christine's response was very enthusiastic.

Update: Here is Christine's slightly longer version:

One Saturday night, at the end of a very stressful first week back at work, David took me out for dinner. We went to a local Italian restaurant we'd been meaning to try out for a while. It was a cosy and relaxed atmosphere. After dinner David suggested we go for a walk, and although I was a little worried that my injured knee wouldn't cope, I decided to give it a go. My curiosity was piqued as David would not tell me the destination, only that there was something he wanted to show me.

After a nice walk, we arrived at a park where David showed me some exercise equipment he had recently discovered - not exactly the kind of thing I had expected that he wanted to show me!! But when he explained that he thought I may like to start using this whilst my knee was injured, his thoughtful intention became clear. He knew I liked being active outdoors and had been frustrated that my knee was preventing me from doing my preferred activities of jogging and riding. So we hung out at the park for a while, and then David suggested we continue walking onto 'our spot'. I hesitated as it was getting late and I was being eaten by mozzies!

But eventually I did end up going along with his suggestion (luckily!), and we headed for an alcove by the river in Toowong where we have spent many hours together over the years. We sat watching the river boats whilst reflecting on years gone by. David told me that he had been thinking a lot about our relationship and had heard some songs that had made him think of us. He then quoted lyrics from a few songs (super sweet), the final one being "and all of my dreams would come true if I'm spending time with you" (Diana Ross) and then asked me to marry him. I was crying a lot and so I'm not even sure that I managed a 'yes', but nevertheless my answer was clear! The proposal was simple, beautiful and perfect - by the river (I love water), using music (my 'second language' as David says), and with no ring (as I'm not a fan of rings, for various reasons which I may post about in the future).

So there you go- the unabridged version!

Hope some of you enjoyed reading of the wonderful night that showed just how thoughtful my fiance is :) And sorry to those who may have fallen asleep with the length of post (although David did warn that you may want to skip)!

No comments:

Post a Comment